Thursday, December 17, 2009

#111 - Prince of Peace

I've been working on playing every hymn in The Mennonite Hymnal. It's been fun to play familiar favorites and also to learn new hymns. The other day I even found one with a Chinese melody! Usually I take the time to scan the words as I play and today this one really, really spoke to me.

I'm so thankful for the promise these words hold, and I'm thankful for God speaking through them to me today.

Prince of Peace, control my will;
Bid this struggling heart be still;
Bid my fears and doubtings cease,
Hush my spirit into peace.

Though hast bought me with Thy blood,
Opened wide the gate to God:
Peace I ask, but peace must be,
Lord, in being one with Thee.

May Thy will, not mine, be done;
May Thy will and mine be one;
Chase these doubtings from my heart,
Now Thy perfect peace impart.

Savior, at They feet I fall,
Thou my life, my God, my all!
Let Thy happy servant be
One forever more with Thee.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena