Wednesday, December 16, 2009

#110 - Children's Christmas Books

We don't do Santa in our house. We didn't intentionally set out to avoid him, it just happenend. I'm so thankful that at ages 3 and 5, my girls understand what Christmas is about. We love books and so this year I ordered as many Christmas books as I could from our library system. It's been fun reading them and I compiled a list of our favorites...books that beautifully tell the story of Christmas. I'm so thankful when I find good resources that reinforce the values we are trying to instill in our children.

The Nativity by Julie Vivas
The text comes from the Bible and the illustrations are beautiful. I found this book in college and loved it.



God Gave us Christmas by Lisa Tawn Bergren and David Hohn
Great story...little bear asks his mama many questions and she points all the answers to God.



Mortimer's Christmas Manger by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman
These two ladies are the creators of the Bear series. I discovered this book two years ago and it is my all time favorite. Such a sweet story and wonderful illustrations.




Room For a Little One by Martin Waddell and Jason Cockcroft
This one was new to me this year...the story is sweet and the illustrations are beautiful!

2 comments:

Grandma Dee Dee said...

can we read them in January when we come? or did you get them at the library

pippasmum said...

Room for a Little One has been our favourite this year. My mother bought it for Pk and we must read it four times a week. It is so beautifully illustrated!

 
Designed by Lena