Friday, June 25, 2010

#240 - House

We've been house-hunting the past two weeks and have decided to make an offer on one. It's a short-sale situation so we have to wait a few weeks to hear if the bank accepts our offer.

It's not our dream home by any means, but it has everything we need and is in the right price range for us. It is smaller than we are used to (just under 1800 sq feet) and has a 2 car garage, so we will be downsizing. It has a nice yard and is in the neighborhood we were hoping to end up in. Kevin will be 3 1/2 miles from work! There are also several parks in the neighborhood that are within walking distance.

Although it's not a done deal, I am so thankful we are heading in this direction. This experience has been an opportunity for us to apply what we've been learning from God this past year... If this house doesn't come through, we are certain God has a different one out there for us. It's amazing how much pressure comes off when you can fully trust God to provide.


GinH said...

Wonderful news! Praying for you!

Grandma Dee Dee said...

can't wait to see it
one more week

Nellie Dee said...

Oh that is marvelous news. It is really amazing how much peace there is in knowing that if it's meant to be, then it will be but if not, then it won't. Praying for you as well. :-)

Charity Hildebrand said...

So exciting!! And thanks for praying for the family I wrote about on my blog!! :)

Designed by Lena