Saturday, October 9, 2010

#301 - A Rare Gift

It is raining this weekend....all weekend. As much as I would welcome sunshine and a weekend full of adventure, I am thankful for the rain.

Right now the only sounds I hear are the clicking of keys as I type, the hum of the computer and the ticking of the clock. My house is empty and I am home.

I was honest with myself, and realized I need time at home, alone, without distractions to get some things done. Kevin and the girls are off for a couple hours and I have the rare gift of time alone, in my house.

It's not rare because Kevin doesn't often comply with my wishes. It's rare because I don't often admit this need. I try to do it all, but it doesn't all get done. Even now, as they leave for Home Depot and a walk in the rain, there is part of me that feels I'm missing out. But ultimately I am thankful for the quiet and the opportunity to finish some projects.

The biggest one hanging over my head right now is writing to my Compassion kids. It's time for their monthly letter AND it's the time of year to write Christmas letters.

I also have a large pile of boxes in the garage that MUST be sorted through.

And now I'm off to work on those things!!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena