Monday, August 30, 2010

I'm Back

I am home from my trip, and I have so many stories and photographs to share. I know that I will be talking about this trip for many weeks, months and years. Hopefully I will talk about it for the rest of my life.

It is so hard to put into words just what I experienced, but I will try. As I share my story with you, it is my hope and prayer that God will be glorified. I want you to more fully understand the ministry God has called our family to. I want to be transparent with you concerning the great work God is doing in my life.

My hope is that God will use my experience to speak to your heart. I pray you will listen to what He is telling you.

I will not sugar-coat the need for intervention in the lives of many Peruvians living in poverty, nor do I want to guilt you into sponsoring a child. I do, however, want you to walk away with a better understanding of what it means to follow Christ and what He is calling us to do. He demands so much of us. When we commit to follow Jesus, we must let Him lead us. We no longer focus inward on ourselves, but the focus of our lives becomes Jesus - loving Him, serving Him, worshiping Him and obeying Him.

I also want to share with you exactly how Compassion is working - specifically in the country of Peru - to release children from poverty.

Some stories and photographs might break your heart. Others might make you smile. You might be angry, confused, inspired or encouraged. In the short span of a week, I experienced all of the above and more.

Please do not read these posts lightly. These are very real people and their reality is so far removed from ours. They are our brothers and sisters in Christ - our neighbors - and we are to love them as we love ourselves.


Jesus replied, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." - Matthew 22:37-40

2 comments:

Grandma Dee Dee said...

looking forward to your stories and pictures and God's voice thru you. I appreciate your commitment to Jesus and your obeience to Him. He is using you to speck to our hearts. We love you

Carrie said...

I'm so glad you made it home safely and had such an amazing trip! I can't wait to hear more about it.

 
Designed by Lena