Friday, August 13, 2010

#281 - Old Testament


Back at the beginning of the year, I made a commitment to read through the entire Bible in 2010. I am thrilled and thankful to report that as of 2 minutes ago, I have finished the Old Testament.

This was not my first attempt to read through the Bible. I have tried before, but have always gotten bogged down in the Old Testament. I don't know what has made this attempt more successful, but I have a feeling it has something to do with my resolve to stay ahead of schedule, trying to read 2 daily readings when time allows.


As you can see from the picture, the Old Testament reading ends on September 23 and the New Testament reading begins on September 24. But the good news is that I have also begun the New Testament and am actually on October 16!

Why have I already jumped ahead to the New Testament? Because there were some days there, back in the Old Testament, where I really needed a good dose of Jesus! It's easy to get bogged down and discouraged with the disobedience of the Israelites, and a great way to remedy those feelings is to read about the one and only.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena