Tuesday, May 11, 2010

#201 - Another Child Sponsored

I just received the following email from a friend in my life group, and I am so thankful for this news....
So, I'm writing to tell you fun news. I recently had a friend teach me the art of couponing. You are probably thinking, "So what?" I saved $30 on last week's grocery bill. We used that money for Mother's Day brunch out, a surprise treat for me. Laying in bed this morning with only my laptop to entertain me, I was thinking about that $30 a week. And I got an email from Compassion about sponsoring older children. It was such an easy decision! I popped over to Compassion's site and we are now the proud sponsor's of Asha, an 11-year-old girl in India. Thank you for setting such a beautiful example of sponsoring more than one child. I'm appalled to say that before meeting you, I'd never considered it. I also need to thank Daniel because it was his testimony two weeks ago that made me realize I wanted to do something about young girls being sold into prostitution. I figured sponsoring a girl in India would at least ensure that one girl would be spared this atrocity. Hopefully the Lord will open our eyes to further opportunities and we will be obedient to His calling.


Do YOU want to sponsor (another) child? If so, let me know. I have four child packets sitting right here on my desk.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena