Wednesday, April 7, 2010

#181 - Personal Invitation

I have been learning so much through my Bible reading, Bible study and various sermons. Almost daily I am blown away by some new "nugget" of truth that God shows me. And I love how they all seem to tie in together...even in conversations I'm having. Just this morning I was talking with a friend and she had questions about a particular passage in Scripture...and earlier in the morning I had read a Psalm that recapped the very Scripture passage she was referring to. It was almost as if God was refreshing my memory and preparing me for the conversation.

Anyway...yesterday in my Bible study, I read about a personal invitation that God has issued to us.

Isaiah 55:1-3
Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.
Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.
Give ear and come to me;
hear me, that your soul may live.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
my faithful love promised to David.


I love how God actively invites us....
(Come, come, come, buy, eat, come, buy, listen, listen, eat, give ear, come, hear)
I am so thankful for this invitation...that God is pursuing a relationship with me!

1 comment:

Charity Hildebrand said...

Amen! I'm also so thankful that God pursues us! What a great reminder, thank you :)

 
Designed by Lena