Saturday, February 20, 2010

#150 - My "Team"

I was hoping to report that I ran my 9 miles this week...

but instead I get to report that because of my great "team" of supporters, encouragers and donors, I ran 10 miles!!!!!!!

Kevin, the girls and I went to Rooster Rock State Park this afternoon. It's a beautiful day (sunny and in the 50s) and this park is located right on the Columbia River. Kev and the girls went off to play in the woods and I ran around and around and around the park for 90 minutes!

I run a 8 - 8.5 minute mile, so even if I ran slow, I'm pretty sure I ran 10 miles.

THANK YOU for your support, encouragement and your donations to Compassion's Help Haiti fund. Please take a minute after reading this to send in your check...you can click on the blue box on the side bar for all the instructions. OR you can send a check made out to Compassion International to me and I will send it in for you.

Why Compassion? Because they are an organization I know and trust...they have been in Haiti for over 40 years and already have relationships established with local churches. I figure since I was doing the running, I got to pick the organization!

If everyone follows through...this effort will have raised $540.

A special thank you to my "team"....
Gin, Tara, Lorenzo, Toby, Mom and Keith, Mom and Tom, Kelly, Nellie Dee, Teresa, Juli and Sarah.

And it's not too late to join that list...

I'm most thankful to God for blessing this crazy idea and giving me the perseverance to meet my goal!

5 comments:

Grandma Dee Dee said...

We are so proud of you!!!!
Praise God!!!!!

teresa said...

10 miles, that is great! Praising God and thanking Him for blessing you with a beautiful day and the determination to complete your run. YAY!

Juli Jarvis said...

Wow -- that's awesome Jill! Congratulations! I should try something like this in the summer -- walking a big distance like that!

Tara said...

Way to go Jill!!!! That is so awesome! You rock girlfriend!

Nellie Dee said...

That's super cool that you "went the extra mile" in more than one way! Great is your reward in heaven. Making the check out today.

 
Designed by Lena