Tuesday, January 12, 2010

#126 - Compassion's Child Survival Program

Compassion's Child Survival Program is set up to specifically set up to target babies and their mothers. Although this program has been in place for a couple years, my involvement has just begun. In October we began sponsoring a program in India and I have recently received my first letter from one of the mothers in the program...

Dear Kevin and Jill,

Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

I am angel. I am in this project for the past one year and three months. I got registered with Child Survival Program when I was in my 8th month of pregnancy. My husband Rajesh is working in a press as an operator. I have one girl child named Praisy. She is 11 months old. She is a healthy child thanks to Compassion's care.

I live in a small rented house consisting of a hall and a kitchen. We do not have much facility in our house. The Government of Tamilnadu provided us with two plastic chairs, one steel cot and a tv. We get municipality water near our house. We use this water for drinking and cooking. We are Christians.

My husband is a drunkard and he spends almost the entire money that he earns on drinking alcohol. He doesn't take care of me and my child. Initially, I used to ponder often over my bitter life and my child's hopeless future and used to get much worried. A mother near our house introduced me tot he church. I met the pastor and got registered in Child Survival Program.

After getting registered with CSP my baby receives baby diapers, towel, baby mosquito net and rubber sheet. We get mild every day. We get fresh vegetables 3 days a week. We are provided with green vegetables 2 days a week. We get fruits once a week. We get weaning food twice monthly. We also get meat (chicken) once monthly. We are taught how to run our family with a proper budget. We are also taught how to cook healthy food with this meagre income. We receive soap, coconut oil, baby powder and dettol. We also receive other necessary materials such as water, filter, family mosquito net, umbrella, mild cooker, floor mate and bed sheet. We received gifts for Christmas as well.

Before getting registered with CSP, we were not able to lead a peaceful life. We were not able to eat good food regularly. Now, thanks to CSP, we are getting vegetables & fruits, milk and weaning food because of which we are able to stay healthy and my child is growing well. Using the water filter provided to us, we are able to drink pure water. The mosquito net provided to us keeps us safe from deadly mosquito-borne diseases. Now I and my daughter always keep ourselves clean using soap, coconut oil, powder and dettol that we receive from CSP. I have learnt to cook delicious and hygenic food. My faith in God as increased and I pray regularly. Our CSP staff also pray for us. I don't fear or worry about anything now a days. From the benefits that I receive from the CSP, I am able to manage our daily life.

I like the awareness and the counseling programs conducted by CSP. I have full confidence that my child will be well-educated with the aid of Compassion. I thank God for giving me this opportunity to be a beneficiary of this Project.

My aim in life is to educate my child well. She should be a witness to God. I want her to serve God.

I thank God for giving us good sponsors to support us. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support. I always remember you and pray for you. May God bless you abundantly.

Yours loving,
Angel


I am thankful to be part of Angel and Praisy's lives...as well as all the other mothers and children in India's Hope CSP. If you are interested in learning more about CSP, visit their awesome website. Sponsorship is only $20 a month. If you end up sponsoring a CSP project because of this post, please let me know.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena