Tuesday, November 17, 2009

#91 - The Cross


I started out this blog by being thankful for the cross...but I think I need to start out each day with this praise.

Yesterday someone suggested that when we wake up in the morning and begin thinking of all the important things we have to do that particular day...the MOST IMPORTANT thing we should do is take time to reflect on what Christ did for us on the cross.

It truly is amazing, isn't it?

I love these lyrics...
Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross




and I love the way another group puts it...
On that beautiful scandalous night
you and me were atoned by his blood
and forever washed white
On that beautiful scandalous night

On the hillside you will be delivered
At the foot of the cross justified
And your spirit restored
By the river that pours
From our blessed saviour's side



Thank you, Father, for the beauty of the cross. Your sacrifice for us...for me.
May the reality of that sacrifice be the focus of my life.

1 comment:

Grandma Dee Dee said...

AMEN
Thanks for those thoughts

 
Designed by Lena